Central Bank of Bangladesh Hacked by Mr.D3m0n
Bangladesh Bank is the Central bank of Bangladesh and is a member of the Asian Clearing Union.
The highest official in the bank is the Governor (currently Dr. Atiur Rahman). His seat is in Motijheel, Dhaka. The Governor chairs the Board of Director. The Executive Staff, also headed by the Governor, are responsible for the day to day affairs.
The Bank also has a number of departments under it, namely Debt Management Dept, Law Dept, and so on, each headed by one or more General Managers.The Bank has nine physical branches in Bangladesh, in Motijheel, Sadarghat, Barisal, Khulna, Sylhet, Bogra, Rajshahi, Rangpur and Chittagong, each headed by a General Manager (the Motijheel branch, the HQ, has two GMs).
| Establishment |
| Bangladesh Bank, the central bank and apex regulatory body for the country's monetary and financial system, was established in Dhaka as a body corporate vide the Bangladesh Bank Order, 1972 (P.O. No. 127 of 1972) with effect from 16th December, 1971. At present it has nine offices located at Motijheel, Sadarghat, Chittagong, Khulna, Bogra, Rajshahi, Sylhet, Barisal and Rangpur in Bangladesh; total manpower stood at 4926 (officials 3910, subordinate staff 1016) as on December 31, 2011. |
| Functions |
| BB performs all the core functions of a typical monetary and financial sector regulator, and a number of other non core functions. The major functional areas include : |
- Formulation and implementation of monetary and credit policies.
- Regulation and supervision of banks and non-bank financial institutions, promotion and development of domestic financial markets.
- Management of the country's international reserves.
- Issuance of currency notes.
- Regulation and supervision of the payment system.
- Acting as banker to the government .
- Money Laundering Prevention.
- Collection and furnishing of credit information.
- Implementation of the Foreign exchange regulation Act.
- Managing a Deposit Insurance Scheme .
Proof Of Hack:
Leaked Database URL: Database